The Bliss List... by Megan
I met Tracie back when we were both little cougars with big broadcasting dreams. Naturally, I was incredibly nervous to get to know Tracie because she was the best looking girl in my program. That, and we ended up being on slightly different tracks and didn't have many classes together. But even if we had, I don't think I would have had the courage to get to know her better. Isn't it silly what we women do? Because after we graduated, I've gotten to know her better via social media, and realized that she is just as awesome on the inside (darn her!). I'm grateful to be featured on her blog. I love reading it, and reading her honesty as she chronicles her fun life! Here comes to challenge: adding to it! Here goes...
Here are five things that have made me feel blissful this past week:
1. The fact that the small fire I started in my kitchen did not burn down my entire apartment. It may have left us smelling like chain smokers for awhile, and my baby and I may have had to sit outside while it fumigated so he missed his nap and was a cranky camper, but at least we still have an apartment to go back into. You don't realize how much you would miss something until you see it (almost) go up in smoke. Did I mention I love to cook and post my favorite recipes on my blog?? Haha--we can't all be the Barefoot Contessa every moment of the day :)
2. This picky eater ate some chicken (see adorable baby above). He's quite a food snob. I have had no luck getting him to eat anything. The fact that he willingly put something in his mouth is proof that angels do exist. That, or I'm still hallucinating from all of the smoke. Could go either way.
3. With the awful shooting that took place last week, I am incredibly blissful that my family and friends are all healthy and safe. Bless those who cannot say the same.
4. I am blissful that I live in such a beautiful place. While I loathe Utah winters, the amazing array of outdoor activities Utah offers almost makes the winters worth it. Almost. We hiked to the beautiful Stewart Falls the other day and there is something so centering about seeing God's green earth.
5. Finally, I am blissful for toe nail polish. Random, but true! When you're a stay-at-home mom you sometimes feel neutered. Not female, not male, just a big bathrobe that wears spit up. Since I can't pamper myself like I used to, it is the little things, like freshly painted toes that can help you feel feminine and refreshed. Plus, if you're like me, it helps draw the attention from your hairy toes. Hence, no picture for this section. You're welcome.
Megan Lavin is a freelance writer who loves to stay-at-home with her beautiful little boy. She’s trying to figure out this thing called “motherhood” and loves to pretend she’s Giada DeLaurentis. She honestly chronicles both her triumphs and failures with humor at her blog meganandclaudy.blogspot.com.