I'm not too proud to admit
I couldn't find any HG t-shirt online that I liked enough to shell out $25 for, so I decided to make my own. With a little help from Photoshop, my printer and an iron, I made my foray into fangirl merchandise.
Behold the beauty:
Here is what you need to make this exact t-shirt:
1. A light-colored t-shirt (white will probably work best)
2. Iron-on printer paper (I used Avery Light Fabric Transfers)
3. This image file
3. Printer software that will print mirror images (I used the free Avery online software)
4. An iron & board.
How to Make your Own Hunger Games T- Shirt:
1. Download this file. (Click on the link ---> File at the top left-hand side of the page ---> Download ---> Save somewhere to your computer.)
2. Go to Avery.com ---> Templates and Software Tab ---> Design & Print Online. Enter Product Number 3271. Upload picture to template and size to page.
3. Print image onto Iron-on printer paper (it should automatically print out as a mirror image. Check print preview to be sure).
4. Cut words out & place on t-shirt in the right order ("May the Odds be EVER in your favor". Simple but important... I messed up Hartley's guinea pig shirt which reads: May the Be Odds EVER in your favor").
5. Iron the paper onto the t-shirt (3 minutes for each strip)
6. Let shirt cool and peel off backing.
Now you can look like this:
Let me know if this works or if you have any questions! Post a link to a picture if you actually end up making this.
I leave you with this trailer that still gives me goosebumps: